Sunday, October 23, 2011

Surgery is scheduled

I met with a new surgeon... I guess you can say... I got my second opinion...

Yay... I am glad I met with another surgeon... This guy is confident, insightful, sparing, and straight forward....

The first guy was good, straight forward... But I felt he had tunnel vision....steering me to what he just thought would get the job done.... He said...." we'll... We can do a lumpectomy... But if we don't get it all... We will just have to go back in for a mastectomy..."

This second surgeon's opinion is.... " let's do the lumpectomy... If we don't get it all... We do another simpler 4 hour procedure and continue to save the breast tissue....once you sweep the breat tissue away...it's gone.... and there is no turning back!"

So ...... I am scheduled for the lumpectomy.... I have pre-op day thursday and surgery early Friday.... Three days away..........

No comments:

Post a Comment